The mission of St. Thomas More RC Primary School is to develop each member of the St. Thomas More Community to reach their full potential as we follow in the footsteps of Christ and aim to live out the Christian values portrayed in the gospels.
We believe that just as Christ led by example, so we are called to do the same. As one family, united as children of God, we have a responsibility to actively encourage and live out the gospel values of Love, Peace, Justice, Honesty and Forgiveness within our community.
We value our children as individuals with their own unique gifts, skills and needs and we recognise the role we have to play in developing them so they are able to achieve their full potential and make a positive contribution to society. We also recognise we cannot do this alone and as a child’s first teachers, parents have a critical role to play and we need to work in partnership with them, if we are to fulfil our mission.
We aim to:
- Provide a safe, secure, loving and supportive environment where all individuals are valued and cared for, and have an important role to play in making our school the very best it can be.
- Enrich and develop the children’s understanding of the Catholic faith so they are able to live it.
- Provide an environment that fosters close partnership with parents/guardians, the parish and wider community.
- Meet the spiritual, physical, social, moral, cultural and academic needs of all pupils to enable them to fulfil their potential.
- Lead by example as St. Thomas More did and develop respect, kindness, tolerance, responsibility and care for others and ourselves.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum that meets the needs of every child so they develop the skills to become independent lifelong learners.
- Provide a curriculum that encompasses the distinctive nature of Catholic Education and meeting National Curriculum requirements.
- Ensure all involved within the life of our school share and understand our mission statement so that it can be promoted and lived out daily.
Mission Statement written by the children of St Thomas More Primary School
Success is the aim of our school. Working
Together as a community of learners to be the best we can.
Teaching each other, as disciples, to follow in the footsteps of Jesus.
Helping each other to create a better world and make a positive difference.
One family, united as children of God – working together.
May we follow the Golden Rules and make the right choices in order to provide
A safe, secure, loving and supportive environment, where all individuals are valued and have a
Special role to play.
May we lead by example, as St Thomas More,
Our Patron Saint did,
Recognising & living the gospel values of Love, Peace, Justice, Honesty & Forgiveness in order to
Ensure our Mission Statement is lived out daily.