Class Teachers: Miss Whitehouse & Mrs Pitchers (Reception) Mrs Georgiou (Nursery)
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Brown (Reception) Mrs Goodrum Nursery (AM)
Welcome Back and Hello!
In what we all hope to be the last week of learning at home we would like to thank you all for the huge amount of effort both children working from home and those accessing school have put in during Spring term one. We all have been able to adjust to learning using ICT in a way we never thought possible. Thank you for keeping in touch and completing work that has been set daily.
A huge congratulations to Mrs Gibson on the birth of her baby boy Finley James. We all wish her a lovely maternity leave.
Goodbye and Welcome
To ensure all parents are aware we are so pleased to inform you that Miss Dale has left us to follow her teaching passion as she was successfully appointed as a full time class teacher in another school. This therefore, means that we are able to inform you that our new Reception teacher who will be working with us until the return of Mrs Gibson, is called Mrs Pitchers and is excited to meet all of her new class.
Lent and Easter
For our topic for the reminder of this half term we will be learning about:
- The life cycle of a bean.
- Changes that occur in nature during spring.
- Animals that are born in spring including ducklings, lambs, chicks and frogs.
- Baking Easter treats.
- Our key books are:
2. Dora’s chick
3. Non-fiction life cycle of a bean
This half term Reception children will be continuing to take part in Mighty Warriors every Monday morning. They will not require their PE kits for this session as will be asked to remove shoes, socks and their jumper or cardigan.
Reception children now participate in PE lessons every Monday. Therefore, will need to come into school ready for PE in their PE kit on this day. Starting from Monday 15th March.
Nursery children will take part in PE once a week but do not require a PE kit. Jumpers and cardigans will be removed for these sessions.
- Parents are expected to read with their child 3 times a week at home.
- In Reception reading record books must be signed and returned daily for confirmation.
- In Reception children will receive a reading scheme book and choose a home loan book each Monday.
- In Reception each term children will receive a homework pack to complete. Work will be marked each Monday.
- Nursery parents are asked to return their book bags every Friday to enable them to be changed and new homework added.
Juice money will continue to be 50p a week in order to replenish resources and buy snacks.
Nursery timings- AM gate will be open 8.40am- 8.55am 11.30- 11.40pm -gate open
PM gate will be open 12.10pm- 3pm 3pm gate open
Reception – AM gate will be open 8.40pm- 8.55pm 3pm gate open
Please ensure children arrive to school promptly on time wearing correct uniform. In Nursery children wear white polo shirts and Reception Red polo shirts. Make sure shoes are strong, flat, black and easy to take on and off independently. No Trainers. No Jewellery or nail varnish.
If your child presents with any symptoms of Covid 19 please do not bring them to school until they have been tested as negative. Also please ring the main office to inform staff to ensure we are able to follow government guidance accordingly.